Step 1. Sign In
How do you sign in to Office 365. Watch the video tutorial below.
Step 2. Create and Save
Work from anywhere. Files created in office.com and the Office Online apps automatically save to OneDrive, so you can share, collaborate, and get to your files from anywhere – on your computer, tablet, or phone. Try it.
Create a file
- Go to office.com and select New.
- Select the type of file you want to create.
Step 3. Share and Collaborate
With Office 365, you can securely share files, edit together in real time, and be productive wherever you are, on any device. Check out all of the ways you can Collaborate in Office 365 and give it a try.
To share a file from an Office app like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint:
- Select Share on the ribbon.
- Enter a name or email address.
Note: To change permissions, select the drop-down. Allow editing is checked by default. To change to view only, uncheck this box and select Apply.
- Select Send.
Collaborate with others
After you share your file, you can work on it with others at the same time.
Watch the video to see how it works.
You can co-author with others in both the Office Online apps and the desktop apps.
For the best experience, open the file in an Online app to see changes as they happen. Colored flags show you who is editing and where.
Step 4. Work with your team
Create and work on files as a team, no matter where you are.
With Microsoft Teams, your work team has a central place to save, communicate, and collaborate.
See what Microsoft Teams can do for you and your teams.
Select a team and channel
Select the Teams icon.
If you’re not on a Team and want to create one, see Onboard your teams.
- Select a channel and explore the Conversations, Files, and Notes tabs.Channels can be a department, project, or topic. For more info, see Teams and channels.
- Select a channel, and then select Files.
- Select Upload, select a file, and then Open.Post a document like one of these: 5 new ways to work with Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Or, select Conversations, use @ to mention someone, and attach a file.
Step 5. Set up your mobile apps
Get to your files from anywhere – at work, at home, or on the go.
Set up the Office apps on your mobile device.